Recently, China Ministry of Agriculture (MOA), Ministry of Industry and Information Technology(MIIT) and General Administration of Quality Supervision, Inspection and Quarantine (AQSIQ) have jointly issued an announcement regarding the herbicide paraquat on health and safety considerations.
The pronouncement published on 24 April to limit the production and uses of the herbicide was summarized below:
- Suspend new approvals of productions, field tests of the ai and AS (or mixed aqua solution) upon promulgation.
- Revoke the approvals on AS form of the herbicide by July 1st, 2014, only the ai manufacturers are allowed to produce the AS formulation for exports; all uses of the AS in China will be stopped by July 1st, 2016.
- To re-authorized the labeling, registrations and approvals of the herbicide. The suppliers are required to update their approvals by marking emergency calls and warnings on the labels and submitting the names of the ai producers to the authorities. The un-renewed approvals and labeling will be expired by 1st, January 2013 and use or sale of the original-labeled products will be stopped by 31th, December, 2013.
- All producers should strictly in accordance with standards in its circulations and add sufficient vomitory, odorant, colorant into the products if necessary.
- The manufacturers are suggested to strengthen their after-sell services such as usage directions and treatment if poisoned. Applying of the small-bore bottles and adding activated carbon into the products to the customers were encouraged as well.
Something Wrong? At Chemlinked we do our utmost to provide you with accurate information. However sometimes errors slip under the radar, we’re only human. That’s where you our vigilant reader come in! If you notice any errors contact us on: email@example.com Budding Journalist ? Send us your news on: firstname.lastname@example.org