On 23 Jan 2018, China MoA’s website released 6 guidance documents to clarify the administrative formalities of pesticide and fertilizer registration. The documents are compiled as per the requirements of State Council on standardization of administrative approval.
China fully updated its pesticide regulations in 2017, which abolished temporary registration and strengthened supervision on study activities. Full implementation of GLP principles will be implemented on all pesticide testing facilities while unilateral acceptance of overseas GLP data will be terminated.
In these guidance documents, MoA specifies the legal basis, applicable scope, prohibitive and eligibility criteria for the applicant, accepting and decisive authorities, content of data requirements, physical and website address of accepting organs, flow chart, timeline, dispute arbitration, office hour, sample text and instruction of application form, common errors and FAQ for 6 types of registration approval:
- Application for Fertilizer Registration (in Chinese);
- Application for Pesticide Registration (in Chinese);
- Application for Pesticide Registration Amendment (in Chinese);
- Application for Pesticide Registration Renewal (in Chinese);
- Application for Experimentation Approval for the Registration of New Pesticide (in Chinese);
- Application for the Accreditation of Testing Facilities Eligible for Pesticide Registration (in Chinese);
Late last year, the SCOPSR (State Commission for Public Sector Reform) office approved the establishment of a Pesticide Management Agency. The Agency will be responsible for collecting technical opinions from the pesticide registration committee and presenting a decisive proposal to the MoA and all registration certificates will be uniformly issued by the Agency.
Notably, these approvals are temporarily exempted from administration fee.
- An Introduction on China’s New Pesticide Registration Data Requirements-MoA Announcement 2569
- Ebook: An Introduction on China’s New Pesticide Registration Data Requirements-MoA Announcement 2569
Something Wrong? At Chemlinked we do our utmost to provide you with accurate information. However sometimes errors slip under the radar, we’re only human. That’s where you our vigilant reader come in! If you notice any errors contact us on: firstname.lastname@example.org Budding Journalist ? Send us your news on: email@example.com