With the continuous improvement of the economic and living standards, China pays more attention to medical and health care. At the same time, the investment in health care continues to increase. The number of medical institutions has increased significantly, and residents’ health awareness has also continued to improve.
All of these drive the development of the disinfection product industry from the demand side. Especially under the influence of the COVID-19 epidemic, Chinese medical institutions and other public places require large-scale, long-term, and high-frequency disinfection, and the demand for disinfection and anti-virus products has risen sharply.
What’s the difference between China’s disinfection products, EU biocides, and antimicrobial pesticides in the U.S.? To help enterprises better understand China’s disinfection products classification system, today we will introduce the detailed definitions and types of disinfection products in China.
Disinfection Products in China
In China, disinfection products refer to the health-related products specially designed to kill and eliminate pathogenic microorganisms on transmission media, to prevent and control infectious or infectious diseases, including disinfectants, disinfection equipment (including biological indicators, chemical indicators, and sterilization items) packaging, and hygiene products.
Action Mode: To kill or remove pathogenic microorganisms by chemical, physical and biological methods
Scopes of Use: Human body-mucous membranes, skin, hands; medical equipment, tableware, fruits and vegetables, water, object surfaces, air, and dirt.
Species of Pathogenic Microorganisms: Including Staphylococcus aureus ATCC 6538, Escherichia coli 8099, Pseudomonas aeruginosa ATCC 15442, Candida albicans ATCC 10231, Aspergillus niger ATCC 16404, Bacillus subtilis var.niger ATCC 9372, Mycobacterium chelonae subsp. Abscessus ATCC 93326, Staphylococcus albus ATCC 8032 and Poliovirus-I, etc.
Categories of Disinfection Products in China
1. 6 Categories of Disinfectants
- Classified by dosage form
(1) Powder disinfectant.
(2) Tablet disinfectant.
(3) Granular disinfectant.
(4) Liquid disinfectant.
(5) Spray disinfectant.
(6) Gel Sanitizer
- Classified by objects of use
(1) Disinfectants for disinfection and sterilization of medical and sanitary products
(2) Disinfectants used for skin and mucous membrane disinfection (among which the mucous membrane disinfectants are only used for diagnosis and treatment in medical and health institutions)
(3) Disinfectants for tableware disinfection
(4) Disinfectant for disinfection of fruits and vegetables
(5) Disinfectants for water disinfection
(6) Disinfectants for environmental disinfection
(7) Disinfectants for surface disinfection
(8) Disinfectants for air disinfection
2. 33 Categories of Disinfection Instruments
- Classified by product classification
(1) Pressure steam sterilizer
(2) Ethylene oxide sterilizer
(3) Glutaraldehyde sterilization cabinet
(4) Plasma sterilizer
(5) Ozone disinfector
(6) Electric disinfector
(7) Electrostatic air disinfector
(8) Ultraviolet lamp
(9) Ultraviolet appliance of disinfection
(10) Formaldehyde disinfector
(11) Acidic electrolyzed-oxidizing water generator
(12) Hypochlorite generator
(13) Chlorine dioxide generator
(14) Ozone generator, Ozone water generator
(15) Other generators
(16) Biological indicator for measuring the sterilization effect of pressure steam.
(17) Biological indicator for measuring the sterilization effect of ethylene oxide
(18) Biological indicator for measuring ultraviolet disinfection effect
(19) Biological indicator for measuring the sterilization effect of dry heat
(20) Biological indicator for measuring the sterilization effect of formaldehyde
(21) Biological indicator for measuring the sterilization effect of ionizing radiation
(22) Biological indicator for measuring the sterilization effect of plasma
(23) Chemical indicator for measuring pressure steam sterilization (Indicator card, indicator tape, indicator label, BD test paper/bag)
(24) Chemical indicator for measuring the sterilization effect of ethylene oxide (Indicator card, indicator tape, indicator label)
(25) Chemical indicator for measuring the effect of ultraviolet disinfection
(26) Chemical indicator for measuring the sterilization effect of dry heat
(27) Chemical indicator for measuring the sterilization effect of ionizing radiation
(28) Chemical indicator for measuring the chemical disinfectant concentration
(29) Chemical indicator for measuring the sterilization effect of plasma
(30) Packaging with sterilization mark for pressure steam sterilization
(31) Packaging with sterilization mark for ethylene oxide sterilization.
(32) Packaging with sterilization mark for formaldehyde sterilization.
(33) Packaging with sterilization mark for plasma sterilization.
- Classified by objects of use
(1) Sterilization equipment used for sterilization of medical equipment and supplies
(2) Sterilizing equipment for sterilizing medical equipment and supplies
(3) Sterilizers for tableware sterilization
(4) Sterilizing instruments for air sterilization
(5) Disinfection instruments for water disinfection
(6) Sterilizing instruments for surface disinfection
3. 15 Categories of Hygiene Products
(1) Sanitary absorbent pads
(2) Sanitary plug
(3) Disposable diapers
(4) Diapers (pads, paper)
(5) Urine pad
(6) Wet wipes, sanitary wet wipes
(7) Antibacterial and bacteriostatic detergent (Except suppository and soap)。
(8) Contact lens care solution
(9) Contact lens preservation solution
(10) Contact lens clean solution
(11) Tissue (Except toilet paper)
(12) Tampons (sticks, swabs, balls)
(13) Cosmetic cotton (paper, towel).
(14) Hand (finger) gloves
(15) Paper tableware
Special Products Exempted from China’s Disinfection Regulations
(1) Disinfection products used for breeding animals and pets; ( classified as veterinary drugs, under the supervision of the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Affairs of China)
(2) Products used for environmental disinfection of livestock farms, farms, fish ponds, etc.; (classified as veterinary drugs, under the supervision of the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Affairs of China )
(3) Used for food disinfection and antiseptic products other than fruits and vegetables; (under the supervision of food-related regulations in China)
(4) Suppositories, ointments, and soap products with disinfection function, suppositories and soap products with antibacterial and bacteriostatic effects; ( classified as daily chemical products)
(5) Wet wipes, cotton swabs, and cotton balls with disinfection function (classified as general consumer products)
(6) Products that are not used for human skin and mucous membranes, without disinfection function, but have antibacterial or bacteriostatic functions ( classified as general chemicals)
(7) Bath products with antibacterial or antibacterial functions, such as shampoo, and shower gel (classified as daily chemical products)
(8) Treated articles with active substances added, such as antibacterial coatings, antibacterial insoles, etc. (classified as general consumer products)
(9) Parts that play a sterilizing role in automobiles, air conditioners, refrigerators, humidifiers, purifiers, and other equipment (classified as mechanical devices)
(10) Toilet paper (classified as general consumer products)
Something Wrong? At Chemlinked we do our utmost to provide you with accurate information. However sometimes errors slip under the radar, we’re only human. That’s where you our vigilant reader come in! If you notice any errors contact us on: email@example.com Budding Journalist ? Send us your news on: firstname.lastname@example.org